Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark - VEGAN
Wishing you a joyfilled holiday season!
I have been super busy lately cooking, making videos, taking pictures, and working on creating valuable and beautiful content for this blog. It's so freaking fun and I'm loving it more than ever. I also just had a birthday a few weeks ago too. I turned 33 on December 6th, so I am very thankful to be happy and healthy at this stage in my life. My 30's have been fabulous!
Today I'm sharing a really good vegan recipe for dark chocolate peppermint bark. I love this stuff! It's really easy to make. So simple. So yum!
I used coconut products for the white layer. You can of course just by vegan white chocolate chips but it's hard to come by (you usually have to buy it online and can be expensive) so I'm giving you another healthy alternative using coconut in place of the white chocolate. I used my mini food processor for this part. (Note: if you aren't dairy-free like us, feel free to just buy regular white chocolate for this part!)
I incorporated my favorite vegan chocolate by Endangered Species (love this brand!). I used the 88% dark chocolate bar. They are the first American-made chocolate using fully traceable Fairtrade beans from West Africa. I like this company a lot and fully support their cause of helping small farmers and protecting endangered animals in Africa.
You can make this with your kids or your spouse. It is easy, quick, fun, and little clean up involved.
Crunchy, sweet, and rich. Plant based. Plus... chocolate! A winning combo!
ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS HOLIDAY TREAT!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark ~ VEGAN
1/2 cup coconut oil softened
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put chocolate in a double broiler and melt until it's very smooth and soft.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour in chocolate and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
3. Mix together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Remove pan from refrigerator and top with a thin layer of the coconut mixture.
5. Crumble 2-3 candy canes (you can put it in a zip-lock bag and smash it against the counter or with a rolling pin) and sprinkle on top.
6. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove, cut or break into chunks and enjoy!