Chili Roasted Acorn Squash - Vegan
A few days ago I stopped by the Charlotte farmers market and picked up some fresh fruits and vegetables. It was a great little market and reminded me a lot of the farmers market in Raleigh.
Even though it's still Winter, there was a ton of great produce to choose from. One of my favorite things I picked up was some locally grown acorn squash. I love it especially as a side with dinner.
There is something so amazing about the produce you get at the farmers market. It's so incredibly fresh and when you cook it, you really notice a difference. In my opinion, it's more juicy and the flavors are a lot more dynamic.
I prepared mine with chili powder and a few other spices!
Chili Roasted Acorn Squash
2 acorn squash
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of salt and pepper
sea salt for sprinkling
1. Wash acorn squash under sink and preheat oven to 300F.
2. Cut squash into slices and place evenly spread out on a very lightly greased baking sheet.
3. Add mixture of olive oil and spices to a bowl and mix well.
4. Coat top and bottom of slices of squash using a basting brush. Season with a little sea salt (optional).
5. Roast on a baking sheet for 35-45 minutes.
Also, check out my YouTube video to see how I made it and of course.... *SUBSCRIBE* to my Channel, Ginny Williams. :)