Crispy Oven Baked Potato Wedge Fries & Spicy Mayo Dip - Vegan
Oooo comfort food!
Today I'm bringing you a twist on the classic french fry recipe. Instead of being fried in oil, these are perfectly seasoned and baked in the oven for less calories and more flavor.
I love this recipe so much. It's delicious!
I had some friends over the other night and I made this for everyone for dinner and it was such a hit.
I used Vegenaise (plant based mayo) in the spicy mayo dipping sauce and nobody could even tell. It tastes the same as regular mayo and is a lot healthier. I really love the creamy kick it gives paired with the seasoned potato wedges. So good!
Life pro tip: When picking out sriracha at the grocery store, look for bottles that are bright red in color. Bottles with sriracha that is brown in color is old and not as fresh.
Best Ever Crispy Oven Baked Potato Wedge Fries + Spicy Mayo Dip
3-4 medium russet potatoes (washed)
2 T olive oil
1 T cornmeal
1 T breadcrumbs
1 T flour
1 T paprika
1 T basil
1/2 T chili powder
1/2 T garlic powder
salt and parsley for sprinkling
1 T sriracha sauce
3 T plant based mayo (I love Vegenaise)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Cut potatoes into half inch wedges with a sharp knife and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Start adding toppings one by one: oil, cornmeal, breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, basil, chili powder, and garlic powder.
4. Mix using a large spoon. I also like to shake mine (see video below) as it helps mix in all the little crumbs at the bottom of the bowl.
5. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out potato wedges evenly so that they are not overlapping.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
7. Prepare the dip while you wait: mix 1 T sriracha with 3 T mayo. I like to add a little more sriracha to give it more kick.
8. When the potato wedges are done, plate them and add a little sprinkle of salt and parsley.
9. Serve hot with the spicy mayo dip!
Be sure to watch my YouTube video below!
Subscribe to my channel and give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed it!