Chocolate Chip Cookies are the absolute best!
I love having fresh homemade treats laying around my kitchen, especially cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are dairy free and soooo good. Instead of regular butter, I used coconut oil and instead of eggs I used baking soda. They even have a bit of applesauce for additional sweetness.
I switched it up even more by adding mini chocolate chips instead of the normal sized chips. I swear they made the cookies even more chocolatey than usual. Yum!
I used the Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips that I picked up from my local grocery store (Publix).
This was my first time using this brand and really liked it. These chips are dairy free, nut free, and soy free. I think they taste great and are adorable.
Chocolate Chip Cookies - Vegan / Dairy Free / Plant Based
1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
1 and 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil (solid), brown sugar, and vanilla.
3. Add in the coconut milk and applesauce and stir until combined. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gradually. Stir until evenly mixed.
6. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
7. Scoop out tablespoon size amounts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
9. Let finished cookies cool on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
10. Serve with your favorite plant based milk - it's super delicious with some almond milk or hazelnut milk.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Check out my video below to see how I made these and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more cooking and recipe videos. Also, give this video a Thumbs Up if you liked it! :)