Wow I'm so excited about this recipe. It's a great Spring and Summer meal and would be perfect for a picnic lunch at the park.
These chickpea patty pita pockets are so flavorful and healthy and of course plant based! I love making them for lunch or dinner. This recipe makes 12-15 patties so it leaves leftovers for days which saves a lot of time. It's really easy to put one of these together and throw it in your lunch box for work or school.
I highly recommend topping it with some dairy-free tatziki and a lime squeeze for the best experience!
I love putting it in a pita pocket. Trader Joe's has some great pita bread pockets (I love the whole grain ones) but you can also find them at your local grocery store, usually in the produce section where the specialty breads are. I keep mine in the refrigerator so they stay fresh longer.
Chickpea Patty Pita Pocket Sandwiches
1 cup packed almond flour
1 can chickpeas, mashed
1/3 cup plus 2 T tahini
3 T soy sauce
1 large sweet onion, finely diced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
1 bunch of parsley, chopped
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
3. Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir really well to combine.
4. Form into small patties 2 inches wide. This should make about 12-15.
5. Heat some olive oil in a pan and cook in batches, adding about 5-6 to the pan at a time.
6. Cook on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes each side until brown and crispy.
7. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes to get the insides cooked through.
8. Serve in a pita pocket with spinach, tzatziki, sprouts, red cabbage, pickles. Add a squeeze of lime at the end - it's so good!
Be sure to watch my video below and subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos and give this one a thumbs up if you liked it! I LOVE making them!
The music in this video is so fun and reminds me of summer time when the livin is easy!
Music: Rue De l'Abreuvoir by Tomas Skyldeberg // I get all of my music from: Epidemic Sound
Enjoy the show!