Thai Mango & Wild Rice Summer Slaw - Vegan
When I think of summer recipes I think of bright colors. The hues and tones of ripe and juicy summer fruits and vegetables are so lovely.
And wow aren't the colors in this recipe so beautiful!? The textures, colors, and fresh ingredients in this slaw truly make it a summer time meal.
This recipe is Earthy, nutty, chewy, crunchy, and sweet all in one. It makes a huge batch so if you are having a few guests over, this would be perfect to serve. It's also great for a picnic.
It's healthy as can be and so flavorful. The use of mangoes and wild rice gives it a Thai inspired feel. If you don't normally cook with wild rice, then this is the perfect recipe to start with. It's a very healthy grain. Wild rice contains fiber, antioxidants, protein, magnesium, and potassium. It's got a chewy bite so it's a perfect combination to the crunchy and soft textures of the other ingredients in the bowl.
I recently bought these adorable coconut bowls and matching spoons online. I cannot get enough. They are my newest favorite thing in my kitchen. They are made of 100% natural reclaimed coconuts from Vietnam and Bali and are hand polished using coconut oil. Each coconut is unique so no bowl will be like the other ones which is so neat. The bowls are so lightweight, easy to clean, and super cute. I LOVE THEM!
You will be seeing these a lot more on my blog! If you love them then purchase your own here!
Yum! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let's get this summer started! <3
Thai Mango & Wild Rice Summer Slaw - Gluten Free / Vegan / Nut Free / Soy Free / Dairy Free
1 cup wild rice, rinsed
4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage chopped into 2 inch long strips
2 ripe mangoes, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4 or 5)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
SESAME LIME DRESSING:
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rinsed rice and continue boiling until tender about 40-55 minutes. Remove from heat, drain rice, and return to the pot. Cover and let it rest for about 10 minutes, then uncover while you prepare the slaw.
2. SLAW: In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, mangoes, bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
3. DRESSING: In a smaller bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients with a whisk.
4. Add the warm rice to the bowl of slaw and gently stir. Drizzle in the dressing and gently stir again. Add more salt to taste if need be.
5. Serve right away or chill until you are ready to serve.
Enjoy my video tutorial below and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos!