Bliss balls are the perfect little homemade sweet treat. I love them so much! They live up to their name and eating them (two!) will for sure put you in a state of heavenly bliss. :)
They are nutty, thick, semi-sweet, and have the perfect chew. The base is made up of mostly dried figs (I use golden figs) and almonds. There isn't that much chocolate in them, just a little cacao powder and some nibs, but it seriously does the job at satisfying my sweet tooth when I'm craving something chocolatey.
Bliss balls are dense and full of fiber and protein so a few of these will fill you up in between meals. The best part is that they are SO easy to make. I love those kind of recipes, don't you? The ones where you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen and you just dump it in and mix it up and it's practically finished. Yeah, those are the best.
Bliss balls make a great healthy plant based snack option and I'm sure your kids will enjoy these too.
If you follow me on Instagram stories, you saw my new food processor I bought on Amazon Prime last week. I needed one so bad. I purchased the Hamilton Beach food processor. I spent only $35 so it was a great deal. And, I already love it. There were thousands of good reviews on it so I decided to take the plunge and buy it. So far it's working great and did a smooth job mixing all of the ingredients together in this recipe. Watch my video at the bottom to see it in action.
Funny story time: If you process any type of hard nuts, please do let everyone in the immediate area know you are about to turn it on. I processed the almonds at 9:30 PM on a Thursday night and I scared the hell out of everyone in my apartment: Matt, the cats, and Mr. Truck. Everyone jumped 10 feet in the air at the same time, including me. I did some Matrix style jump backwards not expecting it to be so powerful and loud. Oh man guys, I literally laughed until I cried for a good 5 minutes because I just wasn't expecting it to be so loud and so powerful and just so scary. Oh it was hilarious. Definitely the funniest thing that happened all week.
Fig & Cacao Bliss Balls Recipe - Vegan
Makes 12-14 balls
1 cup dried figs
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1-2 Tbsp cacao nibs or vegan dark chocolate chip mini's
1. Remove stems from figs. Put figs in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes until they soften up a bit.
2. In a large food processor (avoid the small mini ones, they will overheat), pulse the almonds until it forms a coarse meal. Add in the cacao powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and pulse again until evenly mixed.
3. Drain the figs and add it to the food processor. Process until it becomes a crumbly "dough" like consistency.
4. Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Stir in cacao nibs.
5. Get ready to get a little messy! Form dough in to balls using a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon. Put on a plate and finish until all the dough is used up.
6. Eat right away and then store the remaining balls in an air tight container a week.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY MUSIC VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW! I have so much fun making these videos and am getting awesome feedback on my channel so if you are loving them, let me know!
Music: Cosmic Dust - Thomas Skyldeberg (www.EpidemicSound.com)
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and give it a thumbs up if you liked it! Thanks!