Hi friends! I hope you are having a great week. I really need some chocolate right now. Who's with me?
Today I'm sharing a delicious and fresh plant based recipe for homemade dark chocolate chunk granola. It's so yummy. It's a very simple and low stress recipe too. Granola may seem intimidating to make but I assure you, it's not. This will take you very little time and it's actually really fun to make!
It's absolutely scrumptious. Light, airy, and crispy to the bite. Not the firm hard granola you usually find prepackaged at the store. I do love store bought granola but this is a really nice change up. This tastes even better in my opinion because it's homemade so you will be pleasantly surprised and how much more fresh it tastes.
You have got to try this with some plant milk. It is absolutely divine in a little bowl with some unsweetened vanilla almond milk poured on top. OMG! So incredible! Matt loved it so much too! It's the best little mini dessert! Seriously, you have GOT to try it with some almond milk. Heaven! :)
I also like sprinkling a little bit of this dark chocolate chunk granola in my yogurt to give it an extra bit of homemade goodness and crunch.
I hope you love this recipe! Leave a comment below and let me know if you tried it! I will be back on Friday for another recipe!
Dark Chocolate Chunk Granola Recipe - Vegan / Dairy Free
1 cup old fashion oats
1 cup coconut flakes (unsweet)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used a little mix of walnuts, cashews, and shaved almonds)
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 T melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I got these uneven chocolate chunk pieces from Trader Joe's)
1. Preheat oven to 300 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl add oats, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, cacao powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well until all of the ingredients are evenly mixed and coated. I mixed mine for about 1-2 minutes to ensure it was all coated really well.
3. Spread granola evenly onto baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool on the baking sheet for another 15-20 minutes.
6. Once it is cool, gently transfer granola to a bowl and add in the chocolate chips.
7. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks for maximum freshness.
You can also add dried fruit to this like dried cherries or dried cranberries which is also amazing and would be nice for Fall coming up. Enjoy!