Green Garden Hummus - Vegan
Today I have a really healthy and fresh green hummus recipe to share. I LOVE HUMMUS! I always have it in my fridge. My favorite ingredient in it is definitely the tahini (sesame seed paste). I practically put it on everything these days. It's so yummy just by itself.
This recipe is super easy to make. I just basically tossed the ingredients in a food processor and it was ready to go. My Hamilton Beach food processor did a great job mixing it all together really well. It came out creamy and fluffy. So after 3 weeks of consistent use, I have to say it's a pretty good appliance. Affordable and reliable. Definitely recommend it. Check out my video below to see it in action.
I loved just having this green hummus out to munch on while I was working on my blog and making dinner. It's so addictive. I made it Saturday afternoon and by Sunday lunch, it was completely gone.
Chickpeas are what give hummus its thick consistency. They are a very healthy legume full of fiber, protein and a lot of iron. Chickpeas also include many micro nutrients including folate, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. A very healthy and nutritious plant! (You may also like my recipe for Chickpea Patty Pita Pockets!)
I added the fresh green herbs (parsley and basil, both from my garden) to give it even more nutrition and that lovely Earthy pop of color. It's beautiful and tasty!
Green Garden Hummus Recipe - Vegan
1/4 cup tahini (stirred well)
Juice from 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup parsley, packed
1/4 cup basil, packed
2 Tbsp green onions
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Chopped fresh chives or extra green onions for garnish
1. In a food processor, add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Blend until creamy about 2 minutes. You will need to push it down on the sides with a spatula and mix again so it's all gets combined really well.
2. Add parsley and basil and mix again, scraping down the sides. Note:You may want to add a bit more of the greens if it isn't getting the exact green color you want. I ended up adding another 1/3 cup or so to make it extra green.
3. Add chickpeas and process for 1-2 minutes. If it's too thick, add a little water (1-2 tbsp or so).
4. Taste it. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Pour mixture into a a little bowl. Flatten it with the back of a spoon. Add an olive oil drizzle and sprinkle some fresh herbs on top.
6. Enjoy with some healthy crackers or fresh veggies like carrots or cucumbers!
Be sure to watch my music video tutorial below! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos each week! :)