Pad Thai with Peanut Butter and Sriracha Sauce - Vegan
I am so happy to be back here blogging and recipe sharing. I took a week off to get ready for our big trip next week. Matt and I are heading to the Pacific North West for 12 days! Yay! It's going to be amazing and I'll be sharing lots of photos (and videos) on my blog from our travels. Can't wait!
Today I have a really great vegan pad thai recipe for you to try. I've made it a bunch lately and it's one of my new favorite things to eat. I absolutely love Asian food and it's actually pretty easy to veganize most Asian dishes.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes or so and is pretty stress free. I really don't think you can mess this one up. It's got lots of healthy veggies in it and the sauce has a nice spicy kick to it. Just taste the sauce as you make it to ensure it's not too hot for your liking. You can find rice noodles in the Asian section of your grocery store.
I served the pad thai in my beautiful coconut bowls. I LOVE these so much and have been using them non stop since I got them. They are 100% vegan, hand polished, and made from recycled coconuts. A great way to re-use things found in nature. I will ALWAYS support businesses like that. Click the link to learn more about the coconut bowls.
I hope you enjoy!
Easy Vegan Pad Thai Dinner Recipe
Piece of fresh ginger, shredded finely with a grater
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp or more of sriracha
Juice of half of a lime
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
5-6 baby carrots, sliced
1 shallot, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1/3 cup frozen green beans
1/3 cup frozen edamame
2 portions of rice noodles (I used this kind)
Crushed peanuts or cashews
Chopped green onion
1. Begin by prepping and cutting the veggies so everything is ready to go. Set aside.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well blended. Taste and adjust accordingly. I added a little more soy sauce and a bit more peanut butter to mine. (Note: I like my sauce on the thicker side but not runny.)
2. In a large non stick pan, start sauteing the veggies for 6-7 minutes on medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. While veggies are cooking, bring a medium saucepan with water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to package instructions, about 3-4 minutes tops!
4. Once veggies are finished, turn the heat to low and add in the rice noodles and the sauce.
5. Mix super well so that the sauce has coated all the veggies and the noodles evenly. Add a little more soy sauce to give it an extra bit of moisture.
6. Transfer to serving bowls and top with some chopped nuts, green onion, and a lime slice.
Yum you guys! Seriously yum! :)