Chocolate & Peanut Butter Button Cookies - Vegan
Just popping in to share some really easy cookies I made this morning. Matt's on his way home from being out of town all weekend so I quickly whipped up these little chocolate and peanut butter button cookies for his return home. He wanted something yummy to munch on tonight for movie night so these were a really great option that didn't take much time at all.
They are soft and chocolatey and the peanut butter makes them so creamy and rich. I sprinkled a little more raw sugar on them at the end for some added texture.
You know, since I've started using only plant based ingredients in my cooking, my food just tastes so much better. And I want to cook even more now! It's no surprise that when you get rid of animal products and processed junk and start using real plant ingredients from the Earth, food becomes more enjoyable and exciting. Including cookies! You can eat knowing that what you are putting in your body is nourishing you, not harming you.
I love eating a this way so much. It's the best! :)
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Button Cookies - Simple Plant Based Vegan Treat Recipe
(makes about 10-12 small cookies)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp whole cane sugar (I used raw turbinado sugar), divided
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (unsalted)
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/4 cup dairy free semisweet mini chocolate chip's
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: cocoa, 1/4 cup of the whole cane sugar, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the mini chocolate chips.
5. On a small plate, add the remaining 2 tbsp of cane sugar. Shake a little to spread it out. Form small 1 inch balls in your hands and coat the outsides in sugar.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Once finished let sit on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack.