Over the weekend I made these delicious oatmeal raisin cookies. They are so tasty! Husband approved too!
Matt and I even packed a few in our snack bag and enjoyed them on our hike around Lake Norman on Sunday. After a lot of exercise, these really hit the spot.
For this recipe I used organic whole grain flour (I love Bob's Red Mill flours the best!) and they came out so good! I always like to use whole grain flours as much as possible since it has more fiber and nutrients but sometimes it can make things a little more dense but these came out light and fluffy! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it all came together.
They are chewey and soft with some chunks of walnuts (a great source of Omega-3's) throughout. And lightly sweet. A perfect cookie to dunk in some unsweetened almond milk! Yum! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Oatmeal Raisin & Walnut Cookies // Vegan
1 cup organic whole grain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup vegan stick butter - room temperature or slightly melted (I like Earth Balance)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened regular almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer, beat the butter (make sure it's softened), brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the almond milk and vanilla. It might look a little curdled at this point but it's okay. Lastly, beat in the flour until well combined.
4. Gently fold in in the oats, raisins, and walnuts.
5. Use heaping tablespoons to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake one sheet at a time until cookies look dry and are browned on the edges. About 15-17 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes or so before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm with some plant milk!