Almond Coated Roasted Asparagus with Lemon-Tahini Sauce - Vegan
Asparagus has been considered a medicinal vegetable for thousands of years and contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It's rich in A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein, and fiber.
One of my favorite ways to eat asparagus is tossed in a little almond meal (I get mine at Trader Joe's - it's the best!) and salt and pepper. It's a great way to up your asparagus game in a matter of minutes. Bake in the oven for a quick toast and pair it with a yummy sauce such as a lemon-tahini sauce. A fast and healthy side dish to go with lunch or dinner!
Almond Coated Roasted Asparagus with Lemon-Tahini Sauce
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp salt, separated
1/2 tsp black pepper, separated
8 oz. fresh asparagus (ends cut off)
1/2 of a lemon
1/4 cup tahini
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp cashew milk
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the almond meal, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Place asparagus on a large plate and squeeze the lemon juice all over. Add a few asparagus to the almond mixture and coat evenly. Transfer to the baking sheet allowing space between each. Repeat with the remaining asparagus.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until tender but still firm.
5. Make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the tahini, mustard, milk, lemon juice, syrup, and remaining 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve on top or on the side with the roasted asparagus.