Apple Cranberry Almond Butter Granola - Vegan
Every Sunday night I make a big batch of homemade granola which will usually fill about 2 large mason jars. It makes the entire house smell so good! Matt and I love snacking on homemade granola during the week and even turning it into a quick bowl of cereal on those mornings when we don't have a lot of time to cook. I'm always trying new ingredients and flavor combinations depending on the season. Last night I made this delicious festive granola incorporating fall ingredients such as cranberries, almond butter, and dried apple rings which I just picked up at Trader Joe's - I LOVE DRIED APPLE RINGS! It's hard to find them so I usually grab 2-3 bags when I'm there. The apples made a delicious sweet and chewy addition to this granola. Happy fall everyone!
♡ APPLE CRANBERRY ALMOND BUTTER GRANOLA ♡
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1 cup chopped dried apple rings
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a bowl combine the oats, almonds, apples, cranberries, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In another bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the granola on to the baking sheet into an even layer.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, stir well, then bake for 8-10 more minutes until lightly golden. Keep your eye on it as the apples can burn easily if left in the oven too long.
7. Let the granola cool on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes then use your hands or a spatula to break it apart into big chunks. Store in your favorite mason jars or any air tight container.