Christmas Morning Maple Cinnamon Rolls - Vegan
Today I'm showing you how to make the perfect vegan Christmas cinnamon rolls. These are so damn good. You cannot even tell they are vegan.
I baked my cinnamon rolls in my medium sized (9 inch) cast iron pan but you can also use a 9 inch square baking dish too. Either one will work. I added some maple syrup flavor to make these cinnamon rolls pop.
MAKE IT AHEAD! You can prepare the cinnamon rolls the night before. All you have to do is just stick the already rolled and cut cinnamon rolls in the pan and cover with saran wrap then set it in the fridge over night and the next morning you can pop it in the oven when you are ready to eat breakfast! It will be the perfect treat to enjoy with some piping hot coffee after you open presents.
I hope you enjoy these delicious holiday vegan cinnamon rolls.
Christmas Morning Maple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe - VEGAN HOLIDAY RECIPE
3 Tbsp vegan butter (I recommend Earth Balance)
1 cup unsweetened regular almond milk
1 packet instant yeast
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup softened vegan butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp unsweetened regular almond milk
1. In a pot on medium heat, heat the vegan butter and almond milk just until melted and hot. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast (1 packet)evenly over top and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the sugar and salt to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Then add the flour in 3 parts, stirring in between each pour to form a dough. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about a minute.
3. Lightly grease a bowl with cooking spray or butter and add the dough ball. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for one hour to rise.
4. Beat together the filling ingredients: butter, maple syrup, sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Remove dough from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a long rectangle using a rolling pin.
7. Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a one inch strip along the top (the side farthest away from your body). Sprinkle the the 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar on top of the filling (and more cinnamon if you like too). Starting at the bottom (the side closest to your body), begin to gently roll the dough up into a long log shape until you reach the top. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 9 pieces and place in a lightly greased 9 inch cast iron pan or square baking dish.
8. Bake for 26-28 minutes until rolls are golden brown. While you wait, prepare the frosting by stirring together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, and almond milk until smooth. Remove the rolls from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Add the frosting on top and enjoy right away!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!