This is such a great chocolate chip cookie recipe to have on hand. In my opinion it is right smack dab in the middle of "healthy cookie" and "vegan junk food" cookie. If you love peanut butter, you'll really want to try this one. Enjoy! :)
Flourless Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies | VEGAN + GF
(makes 12 cookies)
1 T ground flaxseed meal
3 T water
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats (get gluten free oats if you need it)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (organic preferred)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter OR almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 T maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the coconut, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
3. Add in the nut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup to the bowl with the flax egg and stir until well combined. It will be thick!
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. Knead dough to make it all come together.
5. Form the dough into 12 balls about the size of golf balls. If any chocolate chips fall out add them back in.
6. Press down on each cookie a little bit until its about a 1/4 inch thick.
7. Bake on 350°F for 12-14 minutes. They will be super soft and fragile so let cool for 5-10 minutes!
8. Transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool completely.