Holiday Yogurt Breakfast Parfait with Cinnamon Pecan Granola - Vegan
Happy holidays! You are really going to enjoy today's recipe. It's festive, healthy, and beautiful! Not to mention easy.
I just totally created this recipe up on a whim over the weekend and it turned out better than I ever expected. My husband Matt absolutely LOVED it! I had to shoo him away during video filming because he kept eating the granola before my video was finished. This is a perfect everyday granola recipe.
You can even make this granola and give it out as a Christmas gifts. Just put it in some mason jars and tie ribbons around the jars. Attach a card and you have a healthy and wholesome gift.
The combination of the homemade cinnamon pecan granola with the seasonal fruit and nuts (diced apples, pomegranate seeds, and pepitas) and cold creamy non-dairy yogurt was really amazing. The flavors worked so well together. And the pop of green from the pepitas really makes this super Christmas-y.
These breakfast parfait cups would be such a great thing to make for your holiday guests on Christmas eve or on Christmas day morning. Don't have a lot of time to cook on those mornings? Prep it ahead! A day or so before you plan on eating it you can make the granola and cut your pomegranate (that usually takes me about 15 minutes to cut and de-seed and I like to store the seeds in a mason jar to use throughout the week on salads, smoothies, etc.) and then the morning of all you have to do is cut your apples and assemble.
Holiday Yogurt Parfait with Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola - HEALTHY Vegan Breakfast & Snack RECIPE
Cinnamon Pecan Granola Recipe
3 cups old fashion rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or organic dark brown sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup agave syrup (or maple syrup)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together the oats, coconut flakes, pecans, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
2. Pour in the agave and melted coconut oil over the oat mixture. Stir well until everything is evenly coated.
3. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and spread the granola onto the pan in an even layer. Bake until golden brown for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring the granola halfway through for even cooking.
4. When it has finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for 2-3 hours, untouched.
5. Once it has cooled, crumble the granola into little pieces. Store in a tightly sealed container or mason jar.
How to make the Holiday Yogurt Parfaits
Large container of non-dairy yogurt (I use So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk yogurt)
Diced apples (I used Honeycrisp)
Pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
Assemble the parfaits in small mason jars or stemless wine glasses. Start with a layer of yogurt followed by a layer of granola then a layer of the seasonal fruit/nuts: apples, pomegranate seeds, and pepitas. Repeat again until the cup is filled to the top. Enjoy!