This seasonal recipe for vegan pumpkin spice donuts is super simple, easy, and just perfect for fall. It's got pumpkin, pumpkin spice, sugar, and cinnamon - all the delicious flavors and aromas of Autumn wrapped up in an oven baked donut. My husband really loved these! He ate one for a snack the day of and had another one with his breakfast the next morning along side some piping hot coffee. I personally love these donuts with vanilla chai tea. Enjoy!
♡ PUMPKIN SPICE CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS (VEGAN) ♡
1 & 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar in the video but I have also used coconut sugar and it will work too!)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular oat milk will work too)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING:
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients.
3. Add the dry to the wet and mix JUST UNTIL COMBINED! Don't over mix!
4. Add the batter to a quart size freezer bag and cut a 1/2 inch hole at the bottom.
5. Pipe the batter into each donut mold. If you still have batter leftover, just even it out into the molds that need more and then smooth it out with the back of a spoon. Don't worry, it doesn't need to look perfect!
6. Bake at 350°F for 17-18 minutes until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. LET COOL IN PAN FOR 5 MINUTES then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Roll each donut, top and bottom, in the cinnamon sugar topping.
These donuts are best fresh, especially with tea and coffee, but can also be enjoyed the next day.