It's Pumpkin week here on my blog! You can't ever have enough pumpkin recipes!
So, earlier this week I made vegan pumpkin spice muffins and today I changed it up a bit and made vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread. It's oil free. I substituted the oil for runny roasted almond butter and it came out absolutely moist and super delicious! It also added back in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber since oil has no nutritional value (it's pure fat!)
I tested the recipe out twice using the Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips and the Pascha Organic 100% cacao vegan chocolate chips. The later was my absolute top pick! I loved how both products tasted in the recipe but my favorite was the Pascha brand.
The flavor was incredible! One of my favorite recipes I have made all year!
This pumpkin bread is great sliced and frozen, tucked in between parchment paper layers, in an air tight container. It's good for about a month!
I love drinking this bread with oat milk as well as piping hot coffee!
You can't get any more fall than this vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe! ENJOY!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe - OIL FREE!
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 cup runny roasted almond butter
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 T vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined but don't over mix.
4. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Lightly grease a 10 x 5 inch loaf pan then pour the batter into the pan smoothing out the top using a spatula.
6. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, rotating halfway through.
7. Let the bread cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Slice and enjoy with some hot coffee or tea.
ENJOY MY VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW!